Basic Rebonding - Complete Beauty Makeover
- Analyze the hair type to determine which strength of product to use.
- Choose the product to suit the hair type.
- Note the appropriate processing time and iron temperature. The recommended temperature is between 160oF 180oC.
- SHAMPOOING AND PROTECTION
Wash hair with Makarizo Rebonding Protein Shampoo (without conditioner) to open hair cuticles to allow the Rebonding cream to penetrate into hair. Towel dry hair.
Apply Makarizo Rebonding Anti Frizz Spray when hair is dry. Anti Frizz Spray helps to ensure healthy and best result by improving hair's elasticity during the Rebonding process and restoring hair's moisture balance after the process.
Note : DO NOT APPLY STEP 1 REBONDING CREAM ON SCALP! As this will cause SCALP IRRITATION and HAIR BREAKAGE
- PROTECT & CARE
- Apply Makarizo Hair Repair to the hair, steamed for 10 - 15 minutes, 30oC.
Rinse the hair with lukewarm water, blow dry with cold air to 50% dry.
- For strong resistant curls, it is strongly recommended to apply Makarizo Pre-Process Softener at this stage before applying Step 1 Rebonding Cream.
Technique of Pre-Process Softener application sees directions on the Softener packing.
- Part hair into four sections, down the middle and from ear to ear. Finish working on one section before moving on to the next section.
- Apply Rebonding cream on top and underneath the hair layer, 1 cm from the hair root, the middle of hair shaft and the end of the hair. Comb hair. Make sure the Rebonding cream is applied evenly on hair.
- Start with the curliest section of the head, usually at the nape of neck or forehead. Apply Rebonding cream layer by layer and make sure that the Rebonding cream is applied evenly on hair.
- Repeat combing gently for several times. Do not tug or pull hair as it will damage hair's surface and elasticity.
- Try to complete this step in 10 - 15 minutes.
- Leave the cream on hair for 5 - 10 minutes (or longer if necessary) to allow it to enter hair cuticles and break the hair bonds from within.
- Use comb to gently check whether curls are relaxed. Initially, the hair is still curly. When the curls are totally relaxed and do not bounce back, than it is time to process to the next step.
- Comb hair layer by layer until all sections have been combed / smoothened. Smoothen hair by pressing layer of hair between index and middle fingers.
- Do not tug or pull hair as this will cause damage to hair's surface and elasticity.
- Section a layer of hair by 1 cm thick for each smoothing to ensure good end result.
- When smoothing a layer of hair, make sure not to lift the layer too high, as this causes a bent in hair.
- FINAL DEVELOPING and RINSING
Leave the Rebonding cream on hair for another 5 minutes for final development.
Note : Should the combined total processing time of step 5 to 8 exceed 45 minutes, skip this step.
RINSING, it is crucial to completely rinse out the step 1 from the hair 100%. Take extra care to rinse at the underside and nape of the neck. With newly broken bonds, the hair is now in a very fragile state.
DO NOT USE ANY SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER AT THIS STAGE.
- DRYING and IRONING
Spray hair with a very thin layer of Makarizo Hair Recovery Spray evenly over each section of hair that is to be ironed.
IRONING, Use Makarizo Ion Based Flat Iron to iron hair, one layer at a time, until the whole head has been ironed. Make sure that each layer of hair is not more than 1 cm thick to ensure even heat transfer on each strand of hair.
Do not pull or tug at the hair when doing this. Gently guide the iron down the length of hair at 45 degree angle, slightly turning the iron under.
Note : Hair Recovery Spray may be added during ironing process to keep the hair moist and provide protection against the heat.
iron on too high temperature may cause frizziness and damage hair's elasticity.
- COOLING OF and NEUTRALIZING
Allow 5 - 10 minutes for hair to completely cool off.
NEUTRALIZING, Apply Neutralizer on each section of hair thoroughly and evenly. Comb hair slowly. Allow Neutralizer to develop for 10 - 15 minutes to achieve optimum conditioning and nourishing effects.
- FINAL RINSING
FINAL RINSE, Rinse hair thoroughly to remove Neutralizer from hair. Be gentle and do not rub. Do not wash hair for the first 3 - 4 days after Rebonding.
CONDITIONING, Use Makarizo Rebonding Conditioner. Massage hair for 1 to 2 minutes, and then rinse with cold and clear water.